On 14/06/2022 06:57, Ulrich Windl wrote:
So you're not running an init system but you want the (not-running) init
system to run something for you?

I don't understand:
The rescue system I'm using (SLES 14 SP3) uses systemd, and the system that
woon't boo is also using systemd (SLES15 SP3).

If it's SLES, what does "boot system on disk" do? HOPEFULLY it will transition into the on-disk system using the boot media kernel.

But I find it weird that you are using an OLD rescue disk on a NEW system. Surely thats *asking* for problems? With raid, if you don't use a "latest and greatest" as your rescue system, as far as we're concerned, you're inviting trouble ...

Cheers,
Wol