<https://mailtrack.io?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality11&;>
01/05/23,
09:34:36 PM

On Thu, Jan 5, 2023 at 1:42 AM Andrei Borzenkov <arvidj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Restarted the machine and all good. So the next thing I tried was for
> > keepalived . It started up and failed with not being able to see its
> config
> > file (Moved to gluster).
>
> It checks for /etc/keepalived/keepalived.conf file. If you moved this
> file somewhere else, you presumably need to adjust path to this file in
> unit definition as well.

File is in the same location, just /etc/keepalived is a link to
/gfs/etc/keepalived .

> > I changed -
> >
> > [Unit]
> > Description=Keepalive Daemon (LVS and VRRP)
> > After=network-online.target
> > Wants=network-online.target
> > # Only start if there is a configuration file
> > ConditionFileNotEmpty=/etc/keepalived/keepalived.conf

> > [Unit]
> > Description=Keepalive Daemon (LVS and VRRP)
> > After=network-online.target glusterd.service
> > Wants=network-online.target glusterd.service
> > # Only start if there is a configuration file
> > ConditionFileNotEmpty=/etc/keepalived/keepalived.conf
> >
> > But it still isn't letting glusterd run before it.
>
> What exactly does it mean? What is "it" that "isn't letting" and what is
> "it" in "before it" and how you determine that the problem is due to the
> wrong order?

keepalived appears to run before gluster has completed its mounts since I'm
getting a message about the ConditionFileNotEmpty being empty.

>(And I did run
> > `systemctl daemon-reload` after the change.
> >

> daemon-reload applies to units started after it. When you edited unit
> definition your system was already booted so presumably this unit was
> already activated.

Just covering all bases.

> > How can I track down why this isn't happening in the order I expect?
> >

> What makes you think the problem is in ordering of units? Have you
> checked journal? systemd logs when it begins and completes activation of
> each unit.

I am not near the systems for the next few days due to a funeral, I don't
remember now.

Thanks