.device units wait for *udev* to broadcast the uevent about that device
being added, which happens after udev has 1. received the initial kernel
uevent (either real or produced by systemd-udev-trigger.service) and 2.
finished processing all its .rules for that device (which means everything
that rules launched from RUN= must have exited, etc).

Only devices that udev rules have tagged with TAG+="systemd" will produce
.device units; generally 99-systemd.rules will add that to disk devices.

If any of the rules have marked the device with ENV{SYSTEMD_READY}="0", the
.device unit will keep waiting until another event removes that.