On Do, 16.11.23 18:37, Etienne Cordonnier (ecordonn...@snap.com) wrote:

> Hello,
> I am testing a yocto based system, where it seems that "coredumpctl info"
> isn't able to use minidebuginfo / gnu_debugdata to extract a symbolized
> call-stack. I saw in the code that coredumpctl uses elfutils / libdwfl in
> order to extract a call-stack, and as far as I understand libdwfl supports
> minidebuginfo since this commit (
> https://sourceware.org/git/?p=elfutils.git;a=commit;h=5083a70d3b64946fa47ea5766943a15a3ecc6891
> ).
>
> Is there a configuration / build-option / etc. to enable support for
> minidebuginfo in coredumpctl? If no is it on the roadmap? The advantage of
> minidebuginfo is that it is much smaller than full debug symbols.

Fedora has been using minidebuginfo since ~10y or so, and
coredumctl/libdwfl has been working fine with it. So it certainly
works, it's how this all works on my local machine since forever.

Maybe ask your distro for help, it's generally an integration issue of
distributions i this doesn't work.

Lennart Poettering, Berlin