On Mi, 13.12.23 10:28, HARSHAL PATIL (QUIC) (quic_hgpa...@quicinc.com) wrote:

> Hello Fellow Community,
>
> I have a following question. Your help will be really appreciated.
>
> "Kernel expects few params from kernel cmdline from underlying
> firmware. Is there any mechanism to dynamically update the cmdline
> updated by firmware (UEFI) during boot time in systemd-boot similar
> to DT fixup protocol ?"

I don't understand the question. Why would stuff from the UEFI
firmware be added to the kernel cmdline? and what does that have to do
with the DT fixup protocol?

Various UEFI interfaces are available from userspace anyway, are you
sure that whatever data you are looking for isn't readily available
from /sys/ anyway? why must it be kernel command line?

> Example : androidboot.serialno is read from firmware and needs to be appended
> to kernel commandline

I don't know what this is, and what that has to do with uefi, sd-boot
or dt?

Anyway, the question is very confusing, I am not surprised noone
answered so far.

Lennart Poettering, Berlin