Will there be any sort of website with good updates and quick results from Hood To Coast?  Who cares if MJ's is OK and runs 43something.  He couldn't hack THE relay of all relays.

What I really want to know is how McVeigh and his evil shin hold up on that first leg, as well as the rest of "our" hodgepodge squad from Jersey.

Will Bucknell threepeat?  Who will stop them?  Last year's runners-up Princeton Running Company?  Or the Nike/Pace Setter/Oregon team?  Or better yet, the crew identified mysteriously as Jersey Eccentric Running Karass.  For those interested, the team was to consist of all Jersey guys with one Ohioan who has close ties to Jersey, and maybe others who live close, but once lived in the Garden State.  However, after several turns for the worst, we lost the Ohio guy, lost myself, and others and the roster looks like this:

1.  Joseph Aloysius McVeigh- In addition to sacrificial runner, McVeigh is team leader, braintrust, organizer, planner, benefactor, and check writer...coming off a tough run at the trials in Pitt, wants to win H2C prior to retiring.  Peacemaker at the other side of my family's table at my wedding.

2.  Peter Gilmore-  NON-JERSEY, but thats OK...former Cal guy, which is better than being a former Stanford guy, just kidding...see legs 8 and 9.

3.  Sam Alexander-  My right hand man at Runners Pace, manned the operation last week whilst I honeymooned in Oregon.  Filmed and bartended at my wedding.

4.  CHRIS KATON-  Greatest Hood To Coast runner EVER.  Period.  Jersey connection is with me and Spoonire.

5. JR Meloro-  True Jersey guy, Bergen Catholic alum like McVeigh.  adiRR turned adiRP, former Farm Teamer begat us a few fill-in legs.  Was at my wedding.

6.  Tom Sabol-  LaSalle alum, Philly is almost Jersey, good for team spirit.

7.  Rob Reeder-  Jersey HS alum.  Stanford, Farm Team, connection with our leg 11 from HS and from Vegas Marathon and Oly Trials Marathon.

8.  Matt Martin-  South Jersey HS alum, was on team that dethroned my alma mater, Bernards High way back when.  49:39 10 miles.

9.  Don Conrad-  Dartmouth connection with our leg 11. Sub 29 this year as post-grad at...Stanford.

10. Rob DeFilippis-  A J.E.R.K. through and through...although he and his wife got caught in traffic and missed my wedding.

11.  Chris Langan-  Lives in Philly now, but does his doctor thing at Camden hospital.  Oly Trials in the marathon, 26th.  True Jersey guy, at my wedding.

12.  Brian Harris- From the famed North Hunterdon HS program, Hudson, Martin, Lauck, Bilotta, and so on.  Occassional training partner of Lauck in her Olympic run.  Went to UVa and Kutztown.  Also recently married, but not to me.

Why post all of this.  I dunno?  Thought it would be interesting, but that was when I started typing in the AM.  Got sidetracked and now its 7:15 and I have to go home.  Sort of wish I was still out there running the race.  But anyway, go Jersey Eccentric Running Karass.

And whats that website if there is one?

Grote
adiRP