Anyone interested in what caused Suzy to collapse in the Olympics and
other meets would be well served to read today's Runner's World interview
(I haven't seen it posted yet):

http://www.runnersworld.com/dailynew/archives/2000/October/001012.html#chat

It might end some of the speculation...

I proudly consider myself a cynical person, but I can't imagine someone
saying that stuff if they hadn't done some soul searching and really
believed "salvation lay within," to quote from Shawshank Redemption (which
ironically, I believe I remember reading is Suzy's favorite movie) and
some other book...

Lastly, who cares if she gets more press than she deserves based on
performances???  It's good for the sport, advertisers love it, and fans
love it.  Is she to blame for her popularity?  She appears to be working
as hard as anyone else, and she's one of the very few athletes willing to
shoulder the blame for a bad performance(s).

Dan

=====
http://AbleDesign.com - AbleDesign, Web Design that Can!
http://Run-Down.com - 8,500 Running Links, Free Contests...