Check this out.. Any predictions?? After seeing her in Sydney, I don't want
to even hazard a guess!!

Dennis.

------------------

http://sports.yahoo.com/m/sa/news/reuters/20001012/reu-privalova.html

MOSCOW, Oct 12 (Reuters) - Russia's Irina Privalova said on Thursday she
planned to switch to the 800 metres, just three weeks after winning the
Olympic 400 metres hurdles title.

    ``After watching me in the 400 final, my coach said it was only a
miracle that with my hurdling technique I didn't trip over one of the
hurdles and fall over,'' Privalova told Reuters. ``Coach (Vladimir
Parashchyuk) suggested that was enough and I should not push my luck any
further, so from now on I'm planning to switch to the 800 metres for the
next few years.'' The switch is remarkable as Privalova started as a
sprinter, and is a former 100 and 200 metres world and European champion.

    She turned to the 400 metres hurdles last winter and surprised
everyone, including herself, by taking the Olympic gold in just her eighth
race over the distance.  The Russian took a full second off her personal
best to win the final in 53.02 seconds, beating a strong field including
defending champion Deon Hemmings of Jamaica.

    ``As you get older, it gets more and more difficult to prepare youself
for shorter distances as they require a lot more strenuous training,
lifting weights and so on,'' said Privalova.  ``By switching to the 800 I
can prolong my athletic career.''

    The 31-year-old said she plans to take a winter season off and resume
competition next spring. She also joked there was no limit to her ability
to run even longer races.  ``Maybe by the time I reach 40 I can run a
marathon,'' she said. ``But definitely, I'm planning to stay in sports at
least until the 2004 Athens Olympics.''