For those who'd like to know more about Mehdi Baala:
he was born  in 1978 in France from a French mother
and an Algerian father.
He has always lived in Strasbourg where he started
athletics as an under 17 when his friends ask him to
be part of the biggest local club's cross
country-team.

1995 1500m under 17 French champion and French record
1996 1500m under 19 French champion; WC under 19
1500m: heats
1997 WC xc under 19 : 129th ; EurCh under 19 1500 7th
1999 under 23 1500m French record; Eur Ch under 23
1500m 3rd
2000 EC indoor 1500m 3rd; Eur Cup 800m 1st, 1500m 1st

Progression
1500m
94 (16) 4'08"1
95 (17) 3'48"74
96 (18) 3'43"50
97 (19) 3'45"34
98 (20) 3'41"86
99 (21) 3'34"83
00 (22) 3'32"05

800m
94 (16) 1'56"5
95 (17) 1'53"76
96 (18) 1'49"62
97 (19) 1'50"08
98 (20) 1'49"57
99 (21) 1'46"41
00 (22) 1'46"24

Girlfriend Hanane Sabri, 800m runner, competed in the
US for one season (1998/99) as an exchange student in
the univesrity Bowling Green (Ohio).

Carole Fuchs

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] a écrit : >  Where is this feller
originally from? maybe