This is the kind of bitter rhetoric that is killing the efforts of progress
in our sport.
Although, a minor point, athletes are held at a higher standard than Joe
Schmo, and his private affairs, i.e., DUI are a matter of public record, most
times the cameras are at the station before the lawyers.
As for track and drugs, and his whining about his drug program.  That is his
fault!  Do not blame others when you have failed to do your job.  Every
person has a right to privacy, and random drug testing is a hot topic in all
industries.  What people will not talk about is the fact that sports is the
only arena where the employees are subjected to random testing with minimal
recourse.  The governing bodies of track stand up and decide that they want
to test, and the athletes are bound to that by honor, public opinion, and the
protection of one's reputation.  If you work at Ford the Union steeped in and
drew boundaries for those test.  In track, it is decried when the athletes
stand up for their rights.  I can only imagine what would happen if Marion,
Maurice, MJ, or any other top athlete decided to challenge the
constitutionality of the drug testing policy of track.
And I still want someone to make sense to me the grounds that the IAAF has to
charge the USATF about CJ, when he failed IAAF sanctioned test.  I know the
procedure, but how does that pin the "corruption" on the USA?  It is a witch
hunt, that has no end.
Folks it is time to start the process that will end this.  If you KNOW, then
tell.  If you think, get a better disposition on life.
As a witness, I know the top do not have to use to get the edge.  I have been
party to many top performances to buy into this nonsense.

Darrell
Faith is a road seldom traveled