Larry and others,

     Another reason the numbers were low is because the New York State
Championships were held this past Saturday as well.  NYS has booked the
Carrier Dome in Syracuse for this same weekend for the next 3 years and I
would have to guess it will be the same problem in the those years.  I
personally know I choose to bring my athletes to the State meet to represent
our area.  Then again, many athletes from the NYC area attended the NSIC.
All three meets lost out.  The only solution for NYS would be for the
Nationals Championships to move their date to the 3rd weekend in March, but
this would make for an extremely long Indoor season.

Mark Krueger
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brockport HS XC & TF