I am from MI (29 years) and believe that the northern states have some kind
of inherent advantage in producing distance stars.  I would add these guys
to the list:

Bjorklund               Twig, Minnesota 27:46
Nenow                   Minnesota               27:20           and he was a
wrestler!
Porter          Minnesota               27:46
Steve Plasencia MINNESOTA               27:45

T-Williams              Monroe, MI              27:31
Doug Brown              Harper Woods, MI        8:19/27:54
Doug Tolson             Wayne, MI               28:50
Pat Davey               Birmingham, MI  28:49
Gerry D.                Dearborn, MI    27:58
Billy D.                Dearborn, MI    28:25/2:10

Virgin          Lebanon?, ILL   27:29
Shannon Butler  Montana?                28:00
Bill McCheese   Does Oregon count as tough weather?     13:14/27:47

Bruce Bickford  MA                      13:13/27:37
Bobby Hodge             MA                      28:24/2:10
Salazar         Wayland, MA             13:11/27:25

Shorter         Upstate, NY             27:45/2:10
Eyestone                Utah                    27:41
Alan Scharsu    Austintown, Ohio        ?? XC stud/NCAA and WCCC team

Hacker          Men. Falls, WI  3:34
Easker          Wittenberg, WI  13:34/28:29
Keith Hanson    Stevens Pt., WI 28:??
Clary                   Anchor., AK             13:25
Chapa                   Hammond, IN             13:19
Terry Brahm             Lincoln City, IN        13:??

And those are just the ones off the top of my pointy-little-head.

  To address the hot-climate thread though:

(I know much less about the Southland, to be fair)

The Reinas (Roland, Randy, Rueben, Rojelio ...)         San Antonio,TEXAS
The Hausers (Brad and the other one)
TEXAS
Marty Froelick          Marathon                                Houston,
Texas
Tom Ansberry            28:??           Tucson, AZ
Jeff Cannada            ???             Phoenix, AZ
Harry(Danny?) Green     28:19           TeXAS
Aaron Ramirez           28:00           Arizona?

Then add about 600,000 guys and girls from California (especially HS
runners).

-Brian