When I posted women's national indoor vault records yesterday, I invited
additions and corrections. First off the mark was Andy Mühlbach, who
reported that Doris Auer had improved her Austrian record, given as 4.32m.
Her new mark, achieved at Glasgow on 18 March, is 4.44m.

As I filed her new mark, I noted that it was her 16th improvement in the
Austrian record since I began keeping this list in 1995. I wondered whether
that might be the greatest number of record performances during this
period, so I checked some of the more obvious possibilities. With a caution
that I may well have missed some records that were improved in close
succession, these appeared to be the leading record-breakers:

Vaulter           Country       Indoor  Outdoor  Total

Monika Pyrek      Poland           4      15      19

Stacy Dragila     United States    7      10      17

Daniela Bártová   Czech Republic   1      16      17

Doris Auer        Austria          5      11      16

Emma George       Australia        1      14      15

Let me take this opportunity to sneak in a correction to the note I posted
yesterday about Alicia Warlick's world-leading outdoor 4.50m. I wrote that
it was 4" better than the previous leading mark of this season, citing
Tatiana Grigorieva's 4.30m. The problem wasn't with my multiplication, but
with my eyesight. The previous leading mark was that of Pavla
Hamácková--4.40m at Pietersburg (RSA) on 27 January--which *was* 4" below
Warlick's vault.

Also, Marie Poissonier's new French record, 4.35m at Cercy, was set last
Sunday (25 March), not Saturday. I haven't yet seen this in any published
result. Gerard Dumas made the correction after a conversation with his
French Connection.

Cheers