I glanced at the court's opinion.  I have doubts whether it was really
necessary, in addition to ruling against Ms. Slaney, to compound
matters by including the five-sentence replay of Los Angeles in the
opening paragraph under I. Background.  Also, the preceding third
sentence of the paragraph is flatly inaccurate.  Justice Flaum must
have missed the U.S.-Soviet dual in...Minsk?...in 1973, not to
mention the rest of the track & field season that same year.  Some
kind soul needs to give Justice Flaum the Kenny Moore book for
Christmas.

Grumpy lately,
Chris Kuykendall
Austin, Texas