Is there anything special that has to happen when measuring a potential Nat. HS record
in a throwing event?
do you need a steel tape etc?
My undertanding is that the international javelin records are separate from the high
school javelin records since the implement is different.  Kendra Wecker of Marysville
Kansas established the record last summer at 174' 4".  She thru 174' last night at a
high school meet and it became apparent that this situation had never happened to any
of us before and we wanted to make sure we didn't screw it up.
Kendra is using only the international javelin this year even though it is not
mandatory until next year.
phil weishaar
chapman kansas