Ac tually he chose not to run because his hamstring was sore after the 200 and he did not want to risk injury ... And MJ spent his career with ice packs at/around/near his hamstrings ... But never the less th eUS is so deep in the 400 that with the exception of the 1991 Worlds debacle (anchored by Pettifgrew who is now saying let MJ run) and the 1972 Olympics where Collett and Mathews were expelled from the games and we could not field a team, the US has had no difficulty beating the rest of the world no matter who we put on the track ... :o)

Conway