When I saw his subject heading, I thought that Bob Hersh was signaling a
return of the t-and-f list to the "real world" of an "unmonitored" status
that wouldn't require every message being approved by a monitor/supervisor
before it could be processed by the University of Oregon server.

As it turned out, his message had a different referent. Coincidentally,
though, it seems to have been only the second post to have been accepted
under apparent new guidelines that return us to our earlier status.

I'm sure Bob would join me in my thanks to the U of O for a new chance.

I hope, too, that all list subscribers would join in appreciation to Fred
Finke, who had to deal with the immediate crisis of our being denied access
to the U of O server, and, especially, to Charles Wandler, who
single-handledly took on the role of list monitor and kept us on-line until
a new agreement could be reached.

Many thanks to Fred and Charles and any nameless others who put this list
back in business!

Cheers!