I don't know that much about Mathias.  I know he was very young but probably
out of Jr. Hi.  Anyway, not correct.  Hint - This was back in the time when
it was not that unusual for high school age athletes to qualify for Olympic
and US International teams.  It was still very unusual for a Jr. Hi. athlete
to do so, however.

Floyd Highfill