Walt wrote:

>Don't forget that Webb has one less day to rest after running 3:59.8
>yesterday in the rain-delayed dmr in Raleigh---he runs the first round of the
>1500 on Thursday....and I believe Gatlin is not running in Eugene. Not sure
>if it was ever posted to the list, but Gatlin won the 100, 200, and
>110-hurdles at the U.S. Juniors.

Wasn't aware that Gatlin is not going to be in Eugene ... Anyone know why ?? He has definitely been one of the top sprinters in the country through the Spring and would have excellent chances at making the WC team in at least one of the two sprint races ... Anyone know of his plans and why he is not participating at Nationals ??? I thought it somewhat interesting that he would have undertaken the triple he did at the US Juniors given the Sr Nationals was only a week later .. Also does anyone know - given his excellence at the sprints - if he plans to let go of the 110H or is he going to continue to run all three ???

Regarding Webb, it seems as if his choice of races and race patterns through the spring would have him prepared to be ready on Thursday as well as being able to run well through the rounds ... And so far no one else has really stepped forward to say that they are the one to beat this week ... I would bet that if Webb were a frosh or soph in college this past spring that many would want to make him the favorite ... And frankly in my opinion he has shown the best "race sense" of a domestic miler in many years ... I still say he makes the team ..

Conway