When did Bruny moan about having to compete at the nationals? This is from
his post at the IAAF website:

"In the end, I didn't run at the Canadian Championships. Of course I got
some bad press. Some of the reporters thought that I was faking my injury. I
really don't understand them. They like controversy.  I really didn't like
the way they treated Donovan Bailey and myself.   It seems like whatever we
try to do to help the sport, our country, to motivate young athletes etc.,
it's never enough.  Some of them are
always looking for controversy.  I am smart enough to separate the serious
journalists from the rest.   I have been running the 100 metres since 1989,
and this year was the first time I missed my trials because of injury.
Sometimes I have the impression that people take us for puppies, who can
entertain no matter what the problem is - just turn up and run fast!"

As for Maurice, I really didn't hear him moaning too much either.

Kebba Tolbert ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Men's and Women's Jumps & Multis Coach
Syracuse University Track & Field