>From the BBC
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport/hi/english/athletics/newsid_1434000/1434664.stm

Greene asks for too much

Maurice Greene (c) will miss the Bislet Games

World and Olympic 100 metres champion Maurice Greene has priced himself out
of the Bislett Games Golden League meeting on Friday.

The meeting organiser, Svein Arne Hansen, is blaming other promoters for
previously meeting the sprinter's pay demands.

It's the fault of the Paris organisers, they are idiots for paying him
$100,000

Greene streaked to 100m victory in the first two Golden League meetings of
the season, in Rome and in Paris last week.

But the American will not be running in the intimate Bislett stadium on
Friday.

Hansen said on Wednesday that Greene's management team had first agreed he
would run for an appearance fee of $75,000 (£53,200) but then demanded more.

"It is the fault of the Paris organisers, they are idiots for paying him
$100,000 (£71,000)," said a furious Hansen.

"We had agreed to pay him $75,000 but then he wanted more."

Hansen said the organisers of the Paris meeting, which attracted a 58,000
crowd to the Stade de France, were endangering the carefully-negotiated
appearance fees needed to ensure the sport's big names appear.

"I do not think they should do that if they want to work with us again," he
said.