In their discussion of this topic Coe and Martin cite the 800 as 55%
aerobic, 45% anaerobic.

I don't see how this has much to do with whether or not a race is a
"kickers" race.  At the elite level, the deciding factor is often basic
speed at every distance.

Regards,

Paul Talbot

On Sat, 21 Jul 2001, Pat Crandall wrote:

> In the discussion of the 800m 'kickers' actually being the ones who
> slow down the least, where is the dividing line (for the majority)
> between aerobic and anaerobic races. I'm betting that a 1200 would
> still be a kicker's race so it must be right around 1000m. Any
> physiological evidence to answer this?

Paul Talbot
Department of Geography/
Institute of Behavioral Science