Michael wrote:

> Does anyone else think Michael Johnson is bad for the future of track and
> field?  He admittedly knows nothing about anything other than the sprints,
> he was so negative about the outcome of these WC, and he has said in the
> past that track and field should just do away with the distance races (for
> television convenience).

I wouldn't say MJ is bad for the future of the sport .. He wasn't that bad
(of course sitting next to Carol Lewis will help you look good) .. I think
he has difficulty putting aside his arrogance when talking about other
athletes .. Its almost as if he still looks upon them as acompetitors .. I
think once he gets over his own competitiveness he will be a good sprint
commentator ..

But if you are offering a choice between he and JD I would have to choose JD
.. Much more personable and outgoing .. Would add a lot of energy to the
booth .. And seems fairly knowledgeable (both inside and outside of the
sprints) ..

Conway Hill