Kebba wrote:

> They didn't consider his Oly race in the world rankings. Not that they
> should have. but if they had Ben would've been number one most likely.
>
> Carl ran 9.96, 9.96, 9.78w at the trials (he became the first to ever go
> sub-10 in prelim rounds). He then ran a few 9.97's or so before the HUGE
> Zurich showdown where he beat Ben in 9.93. But, I just can't see the
rankers
> giving him number one when that Seoul race was so huge -- it was like
heaven
> and earth were riding on it. at least it seemed so at the time :)

I think that may have been the most anticipated race of all time !!! The
build up and the hype were something else .. The pre race build up on TV ...
And then the race itself .. And the race lived up to the hype !!! Even for
the places behind Ben and Carl as Christie broke through there and Calvin
Smith gave a solid effort as always .. And the call of the race was one for
the ages ... Simply wonderful !!!!

Conway Hill