apparently, the intended sarcasm didn't come through as i had
intended....the fact is, i dig what the kid has to say.  that doesn't mean i
always agree with him, or that much of what he says wouldn't pack a much
greater wallop if he ran as well as he has a bit more consistently...

my point is that we gripe and moan about a definite lack of exposure, a lack
of 'personalities', a lack of anything where the rest of the american
sporting scene is concerned and now we've got an interesting head going with
a very talented body and it's time for him to "shut up and get a normal hair
cut"?  no thanks.  just because he doesn't fit into someone else's paradigm
of good behavior befitting a creative, intelligent athlete in his early
20's, doesn't mean i don't have room for him in my spectrum.

i'll take gabe's weirdness anytime: good, bad or indifferent.

besides, most distance guys i know are nuttier than a stuckey's pecan
log...they just don't have articles written about them,their antics or their
thoughts  on something other than how it feels to run four laps in under
four minutes.

"when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

-toby