From: Robert Hersh [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 9:07 AM
To: Post, Marty
Subject: t-and-f: Double decathlon record... not?

Message text written by "Post, Marty"
>In Athletics 2002, the latest ATFS Annual, on page 274 the world best for
the double decathlon is credited to Indrek Kaseorg of Estonia in 1992 with
score of 14,274 points.<

I wonder if they're the same events.  I may be naive about such things
(since I've never paid any attention to them), but I always thought that a
double decathlon meant compeing in the same ten events twice over four
days.  Or maybe twice over two days--with all ten events on the same day
each day (ugh!).  I never heard of this thing with the 200mH, HT, TJ, etc.