From: Bob Duncan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2002 4:48 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: t-and-f: USATF Release: Jones named Athlete of the Week

Post, Marty wrote:
> Radcliffe has put up some big numbers going up and down a range of
distances
> this year. One loss, but in a tremendous time, and, of course, there's
still
> the Chicago Marathon to come.
Joe Henderson has a good article on Paula Radcliffe today at
http://www.runnersworld.com/home/0,1300,1-0-0-ZNEWS,00.html#bell, making the
case for her setting two "real" world records this year:  best non-Chinese
mark at 10,000m and best marathon time in a women's only race.  I hope
Chicago won't be stretching things too far for her, but she was actually
pretty conservative in her racing all summer.  Except for her 3000m loss to
Szabo at Monaco, she avoided the lucrative IAAF track circuit and pointed
mainly to the Commonwealth Games and the European Championships.

Mar 23    IAAF World X-C                      Long Race    1st    26:55
Apr 14    London Marathon                      Marathon      1st    2:18:56
Jul 19      Monaco Herculis                        3,000m         2nd
8:22.2
Jul 28      British Commonwealth Games    5,000m         1st    14:31.42
Aug 6      European Championships           10,000m       1st    30:01.09 ER
Sept 22    Nike London 10K  (road)           10,000m       1st    30:38
Oct 13     Chicago Marathon                      Marathon      ???   ?????

bob