From the IAAF webpage on the Berlin marathon:

...(Raymond) Kipkoech, who only got into today's race a week ago, comes from the village of Kapsait, situated at 3000 metres altitude near the Ugandan border, and only began running two years ago, "when I saw my friends Simon Biwott, Eric Kimaiyo, Sammy Korir and Fred Kiprop being successful".

 Kipkoech runs the 9th fastest time ever, 2:06:47. Is this kind of a time possible after only 2 yrs of running? But even if thats a stretch to believe, how does he get so good almost from nowhere.

 Whats the scoop on him, anyone know?

Bob