I might have missed some of the follow-up conversation on this but I do not
see where you are getting this information from.

I am looking at a set of results from the press room and the following is a
sample of the times:

Place/Name/Chip Time/Gun Time

11. Ben Kimondiu/2:13:55/2:13:57
12. Kyle Baker/2:14:12/2:14:13
13. Clint Verran/2:14:16/2:14:17
14. Keith Dowling/2:14:21/2:14:22
15. Ryan Shay/2:14:29/2:14:30
16. Peter De La Cerda/2:14:40/2:14:41
17. Kentaro Ito/2:14:40/2:14:41
18. Josh Cox/2:15:00/2:15:01
19. Ian Syster/2:16:02/2:16:04
20. Abdelah Behar/2:16:12/2:16:14

Weldon Johnson, the women's pace-setter started well behind the start line
and had chip/gun times of 2:17:50 and 2:18:10. The next guy with a bigger
discrepancy was the 35th finisher

The top 10 women had identical chip/gun times; after that a series of 2-3
second differences appears.