Gmcmmail wrote:
> > Hell,
> > many of us would probably fork over $$$ to watch these marathons on pay
> > per view.   The US networks blew it big time over Chicago, even though
> > everyone knew
> > ahead of the time that at least one world record was a possibility.
> >

> Nope, gotta disagree with you there! Running/track & field fans have been
the
> stingiest fans in the world of sports since day one. I doubt you would
sell
> more than 500 PPV slots for any race.

I'd be one of the 500!  Unable to attend the Olympic Trials for 2000 and
with
weeknight coverage limited to PAX-TV (which my cable provider didn't carry),
I installed a long-range outdoor UHF-TV antenna just so that I could pick up
grainy picture from Birmingham, Alabama, 90 miles south of me.   I've often
thought about installing a satellite dish, simply for the possibility that I
might
be able to pick up some European track meets.

bob