------------------------------
"Bloomquist, Bret" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Blinn Junior College. Just a JC, but arguably the greatest JC track
> program of all time.
>
> They cut it but kept men's tennis because men's tennis had a "better
> quality of student athlete." Read: Rich white kids.

Didn't Blinn have a majority of foreign athletes on its track teams?
Perhaps "better quality of student athlete" meant local kids?
Jason

        Jason Blank                          Hopkins Marine Station
Enloe HS '92, Duke '96, Stanford ??            Oceanview Boulevard
     [EMAIL PROTECTED]                     Pacific Grove, CA 93950

"I couldn't believe he said it in 1980, let alone 2002.  These kinds of
 appeals to the racist right have been the G.O.P.'s dirty little secret
 for years." -- Joseph Crespino, historian, on Trent Lott