Wait a minute, first you stated that Blinn's tennis team is all "rich white
kids". Then , when your agenda is exposed, it's "Blinndergarten"??? You
can't have it both ways...

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Bloomquist, Bret
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 2:29 PM
To: 'Martin J. Dixon'; Dave Johnson
Cc: Randall Northam; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: t-and-f: The REAL athlete of the year

Blinn's finest hour was one of its last. At the Texas Relays one year, the
USA 4x100 team was the featured attraction -- Carl Lewis and his crew. At
the end of the meet, they had a match race in the 4x4 with Blinn -- and
Blinn won by a nose. The times were actually a bit slower than Baylor ran in
the main division, and of course none of the guys on Team USA were
quarter-milers. Still it was darn entertaining.

Texas would schedule a dual with Blinn every now and again, more or less
just so they could get stomped and Stan Huntsman could use that as proof
that Division I schools need more scholarships. "I'm tired of seeing 23-foot
long jumper," was how he famously put it one year.

Regarding another post on this thread, I do imagine the foreigners/local
kids angle with regard to the tennis program played a factor. Probably a big
one. Still, Blinndergarden acting like academics and image are a big deal is
kind of ludicrous.