From: ghill [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 7:44 PM
To: track list
Subject: Re: t-and-f: Brumel was a masters jumper, too

there are no "ultimately banned" high jump methods that I know of; rule has
"forever" been that you take off on one foot. And at one time  your head
couldn't go over first, but both those restrictions predate a time when a
7-foot jump was anything but a dream.

I've heard stories (none documented that I know of) for years about some
gymnast who did a few backflips, then did a roundoff over some insane
height, but have no idea if it's possible.

gh