Evaluation team give little away as Livingstone spat spices up tale of
five cities
Alan Hubbard

It wasn't quite like being up before Judge John Deed, but sitting in
front of the IOC Evaluation Commission can be an intimidating
experience, as I discovered yesterday morning. At the invitation of
the London 2012 bid leader Lord Sebastian Coe I sat on a panel giving
evidence to, and being grilled by, the visiting Olympic jury in their
penultimate session before their departure to New York this afternoon
for the next leg of their trial of five cities.

The only newspaperman present at any of the 17 sessions conducted by
the commission in the conference room of their five-star in London's
Docklands, I am not allowed, under the Olympic version of Chatham
House Rules, to disclose details of what transpired. But I can report
that the questions, notably those addressed to the BBC's Head of Sport
Peter Salmon, indicated that the 10 members present - three others had
gone off on another mission - had done their homework thoroughly.

http://sport.independent.co.uk/olympics/story.jsp?story=612893