http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/athletics/4301577.stm

Pole vaulter Yelena Isinbayeva broke her own indoor world record by
clearing 4.89 metres in Lievin on Saturday.

It was the Russian's 12th world record of her career and came just a
few days after she cleared 4.88m at the Norwich Union Grand Prix in
Birmingham.

The Olympic champion went on to attempt 5.05m at the meeting on France
but failed to clear that height.

In the men's 60m, former Olympic 100m champion Maurice Greene could
only finish second to Leonard Scott.

It was Greene's second consecutive defeat at the hands of his fellow
American, who also won in Birmingham last week.

"I ran my race perfectly," said Scott, who won in 6.46secs, his best
time indoors.

"I am happy even if I know that Maurice is a long way from being at
his peak at the start of the season."

ENDS