Radcliffe leaves rivals trailing

 By Steve Cram
BBC Sport

If anyone ever doubted it, Paula Radcliffe has proved once again that
she is in a league of her own when it comes to the marathon.

Her victory in London on Sunday was another superlative piece of
distance running.

One or two athletes thought about trying to go with her in the early
stages of the race, but they just can't live with it.

I think it surprises Paula that some of her fellow competitors don't
feel as though they can commit to that sort of pace early in the race.

I know she feels that many of her rivals should be running quicker
than they are - but she cannot do anything about that and it should
not detract from her performance on Sunday.

And all that with an unscheduled toilet stop towards the end.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/athletics/4454313.stm

London Marathon pictures
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/athletics/photo_galleries/4453365.stm

Radcliffe apologises for stopping
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/sport.html?in_article_id=345270&in_page_id=1771&in_a_source=

Radcliffe swats away rivals and doubters alike
http://sport.independent.co.uk/general/story.jsp?story=630546

Radcliffe sets new record - and still has time for a pit stop
http://sport.guardian.co.uk/athletics/story/0,10082,1462209,00.html

Luckless Brown falls just short again
http://sport.guardian.co.uk/athletics/story/0,10082,1462210,00.html

Radcliffe powers to third London win in 2:17:42
http://www.iaaf.org/news/Kind=2/newsId=29155.html

In pictures: Radcliffe's victory
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/core/Slideshow/slideshowFramesetFrag.jhtml?xml=/sport/gallery/londonmarathon/upixmara.xml

Relieved Radcliffe says sorry