Olympic gold medallists Jason Gardener and Mark Lewis-Francis were
unable to steer a Great Britain team to victory in the Penn Relays in
Philadelphia.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/athletics/4484633.stm

The quartet of Gardener, Lewis-Francis, Chris Lambert and Tim Abeyie
clocked a time of 39.56 seconds to come home in fourth in the men's
4x100m event.

Olympic 100m champion Justin Gatlin anchored the host nation's Red
team to first spot in a time of 38.58seconds.

Its back-up side was 0.12sec behind, with Jamaica clocking 39.38sec.

There were no excuses from the Britons.

"We only had an hour practice yesterday, but obviously we'll be
starting serious preparations for this summer's World Championships
very shortly," said Gardener.

The US women also performed brilliantly, the Red side winning with a
world-leading time for the year of 42.68sec.

The Blue team finished second in 43.15sec, with third-placed Jamaica
clocking 43.50sec.

ENDS