US sprinters Marion Jones and Tim Montgomery will not be invited to
race in Europe this summer because of links to the Bay Area Laboratory
Cooperative.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/athletics/4533055.stm

Balco founder Victor Conte is accused of supplying steroids, and he
claims he gave Jones performance-enhancing drugs.

British promoters Fast Track confirmed the Euro-Meetings Group had
agreed the couple would not be asked to compete.

A spokesman said: "There's no presumption of guilt but they carry far
too much baggage to be invited."

Speaking later on Tuesday, Jones's agent, Charles Wells, said: "It's
news to me. I know nothing about that.

"All I know is that I have been talking to promoters in Europe all
week about putting both of them in meets."

Jones and Montgomery have both been active on the American circuit
with Jones, 29, winning her first race of the season in the Caribbean.

But Montgomery, who holds the world record for the 100m, has been
charged by the US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) with serious doping
violations.

Usada has built its cases on verbal evidence given to the federal
investigation into Balco rather than test results - neither Jones or
Montgomery has ever failed a drugs test.

Jones, who won five medals at the 2000 Olympics, has launched a
defamation lawsuit against Conte.

ENDS