These short-distance signposted routes can be tagged as lcn (local cycle
network) relations.

I'd prefer there to be a distinction between these (which I think of as
leisure/tourist routes and would call "tcn") and utility routes into a town
centre, but there isn't a distinction at the moment (and altering relations
at a later date is easy).

Richard