Daniel

cycleway=shoulder looks like a good idea for those countries that
routinely have a wide shoulder on country roads (I've seen them in
Ireland; they aren't common in the UK)

on urban roads (maybe even rural roads with centre lines), you could
do cycleway=tight/critical/spacious, following the Dutch guidance on
the width required for reasonably comfortable cycling in the absence
of cycle lanes/tracks (tight is about 6m, spacious 8m+). But it also
depends on parking and the number of lanes of traffic, so you might
not find it very practical

traffic=low/medium/high isn't really specific enough - too subjective

but rendering, you will probably have to do yourself (I recommend Maperitive...)

Richard