On 3/21/2012 9:06 AM, Steve Bennett wrote:
The harder question is if you want to try and define actual addresses,
like actually putting a unique address description on each dwelling
("From the church, 400m south", "From the church, 380m south with the
blue door"). But maybe leave that harder question till later :)

This is where I get confused. Is the "address" created like this actually unique, or are there any number of descriptions that are equally valid?

(Aside: I'm reminded of metes and bounds descriptions of property: begin at the stake in the old tree at the northeast corner of Bill's property, run south 59 degrees east for 600 chains for the point of beginning, then run by the following courses... Here of course there are many possible starting points and ways to describe the route to the point of beginning.)