Hi everybody,

let me try to summarize some parts of the discussion up to now. Hopefully this
won't become too biased:
* most people agreed that the syntax of the competing Access Restrictions 1.5
proposal is quite complicated
* some people argued that it is important to separate syntax for vehicles (hgv,
bicycle, …) and other conditions, however, other people pointed out that hgv
could as well represent the condition "in a hgv" and the distinction between
vehicles and other conditions is arbitrary.
* most people agreed that every proposal must be complete, i.e. every boolean
formula of conditions can be expressed in it
* most people agreed that proposal should make the common case easily taggable
for humans, however, some people said that editor support is required anyway
and therefore the readability for humans does not really matter
* some people argued that putting conditions into keys is a bad idea because it
allows for an unlimited set of keys, however, other people argued that putting
conditions into values is a bad idea because it pollutes the values and might
lead to ambiguities, since a value could be anything, including an identifier
* some people argued that conditions syntax should look similar to human
language, however, other people argued that this would trick mappers into
thinking that human language can be used without paying attention to syntax,
and others pointed out that that a parser that has to be liberal about what he
accepts cannot spot errors anymore
* some people argued that any proposal should take existing tagging into account
* most people argued that tagging should be human-readable
* some people argued that the syntax has to be similar to existing programming
languages, however, other people argued that this would just make the syntax
more error-prone
My favorite:
* a lot of people agreed that the Extended Proposals is "... already
used...intuitive and simple to use...complete...consise...extensible"

I would also like to ask people not to blindly start new proposals, because
otherwise we'll inevitably end up with hundreds of proposals and no conclusion
at all.

Eckhart