Am 22.01.2015 um 18:08 schrieb Marc Gemis:

> On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 4:49 PM, althio <althio.fo...@gmail.com
> <mailto:althio.fo...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Well at least iD knows quite well about the semi-colon:
Just merge two ways together and you might get access=no;yes
highway=primary;path without any warning.

>> New people can have problems or make mistakes and then experienced
>> users can help and point to recommended tagging or explain good
>> practices .
>
> Not everybody reaches out to community for help. Probably many just stop
> mapping, requiring them to create a new key, instead of typing something
> in a free text field is not going to help IMHO.

That is why I would be interested to mention the semi-colon on tag-pages
where it is in common use. This helps in general for question about list
or array, order or not.

>> Or do you refer to iD (as the main editor for new people) where it is
>> not possible to override presets to edit keys on the first part of the
>> tag panel?
>

> What I tried to explain is that when you go for a tagging scheme where only
> cuisine:xxx=yes is allowed, the editor (iD) should offer a simple UI
> that allows people to create new "values". In this case that means keys,
> since the values are actually in the  keys.
>
> At this moment, it is also not possible to create JOSM presets that
> generates keys based on user input AFIAK.

+1

> Using a xxx:yyy schema also requires checkboxes besides every existing
> value in JOSM presets.
> So I don't see how it is any easier for new mappers or preset creators.

Presets are a problem [1],[2] and it is not easy to present tag list
with more than 50 tags per object.

Cheers fly

[1] https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/6268
[2] https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/8993