Dima Gutzeit wrote:

You can use the JSTL way , not JNDI directly.
put the following in the we.xml of your application

<context-param>
  <param-name>
              javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.sql.dataSource
         </param-name>
  <param-value>
              jdbc:mysql://your.ip/dbname,driver.name,user,password
        </param-value>
 </context-param>

? I'm no expert here, but in my web.xml file I'm using:

 <context-param>
    <param-name>javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.sql.dataSource</param-name>
    <param-value>jdbc/MyDBName</param-value>
 </context-param>

 <resource-ref>
      <description>DB Connection</description>
      <res-ref-name>jdbc/MyDBName</res-ref-name>
      <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
 </resource-ref>

:: referring back to the DataSource defined in server.xml.

FWIW,
--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

dream. code.