> (I posted just 2 in this list)
Opps, I posted these bugs in Tomcat list, not here,
but I think you might be interested, at least one can
be relative to JSTL setLocale, see below

I tryed today current release TC5 and seen errors:

1. I have the following lines which run under 4.1.29
but not in TC5 ("locale" exists in the HttpSession !)

<jsp:useBean id="locale" scope="session"
class="java.util.Locale" />
<fmt:setLocale value="<%= locale %>" />

I got

[javac] symbol  : constructor Locale ()
    [javac] location: class java.util.Locale
    [javac]           locale = new java.util.Locale();
    [javac]                    ^
    [javac] 1 error

Then I removed these lines to let TC5 compile JSP and
print the "locale" - I see "en_US"

<% System.out.println("... jsp=" +
request.getSession().getAttribute("locale")); %>

2. TC5 doesn't know (?) about some Java Enterprise
APIs. I got the following error in TC5 at run-time,
after succesfull compilation

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
javax/mail/internet/AddressException

If I add j2ee.jar to classpath in catalina.sh

CLASSPATH="$CLASSPATH":/usr/java/lib/j2ee.jar

I got another error when starting Tomcat

java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.stopServer()
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:978)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.stopServer(Bootstrap.java:320)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:400)

This application runs well under tomcat 4.1.29
Any comments?

Evgeny /Javadesk/