Try setting the systemId for the stylesheet, this may help configure the proper resolution.

           <c:import var="xslt" scope="request" url='${url}'/>
           <x:transform xml="${xml}" xslt="${xslt}" xsltSystemId="${url}">
-Mark

Kris Schneider wrote:

As an alternative, perhaps you can use an XSLT parameter to hold the servlet
output:

<c:import url="/xmlServlet" var="servletXml"/>
<x:parse xml="${servletXml}" var="servletDoc"/>
<x:transform xml="${xml}" xslt="${xslt}">
   <x:param name="dynamicXml" value="${servletDoc}"/>
</x:transform>

Where your stylesheet would include an <xsl:param> element:

<xsl:param name="dynamicXml"/>

Haven't tried this with a full-blown document as a parameter before...

Quoting "Johnson, Chris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I'm having trouble using the XSLT document() function.

What I need to do is to call a servlet which will send back some dynamic
xml that I need to reference in my XSLT template.

I've tried using various relative paths, and the full (http://...) path
with no luck.  When I use the full path, I get this error in the
catalina.out file:
Can not load requested doc: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for

When using a relative path, the error suggests that document() is
looking for the resource as a file on the server.

I've looked around on the web and see people supposedly using document()
with full paths, but nothing describing the problem I'm having.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris