If you have a "normal" class with standard-named methods it's alright. In fact, a JavaBean means an object with it's properties declared with a defined naming convention (an Enterprise Java Bean is another story).

If you have a class with

String getTheValue()
// you can read the property "theValue".

void setTheValue(String x)
// you can set the property "theValue"

If it's an array or a java.util.List you can access it using myobject[i]

If it's a java.util.Map you can access the values using myobject[key]
And you also can access the pairs name-value using it as a collection with the forEach tag:

<c:forEach items="myMap" var="pair">
<!-- here pair is a java.util.Map.Entry and you can use pair.key and pair.value -->
</c:forEach>

It it's NOT a Map you can access properties using ['propertyname'], so you can access:

myobject['theValue'] for the first example in this mail (note this gives you the capability to access dinamically the properties of a Bean).

At last, you can instantiate the objects in your JSP stating their scope.

You can:

<jsp:useBean name="x" class="org.myproject.MyClass" scope="page"/>
<!-- for creating an object for each page --->

<jsp:useBean name="x" class="org.myproject.MyClass" scope="session"/> <!-- for creating an object for each session --->

(check the useBean sintaxis, I'm not sure of it right now)

Good luck.