This : http://www.xml.com/lpt/a/933 shows how to merge multiple XML source
files into one, and it works in XSLT 1.0

-Rashmi

----- Original Message ----
From: Rashmi Rubdi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Tag Libraries Users List <taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2007 1:20:45 AM
Subject: Re: Problem when a use a x:forEach into another x:forEach

In both JSTL 1.1 and 1.0 specifications nothing is mentioned about nested
x:forEach loops where the inner x:forEach iterates over the parsed results of a
*different* xml file.

Since this scenario is not officially mentioned anywhere, I can't really tell
for sure if the set-up you have is supposed to work or not. I didn't test it
with JSTL 1.0, but since you say it worked in JSTL 1.0 I can't see why it
shouldn't work with 1.1.

It is probably a bug in JSTL 1.1. I think this is where one could file a bug/
feature request: http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/#Bugs

I also searched on ways to combine two different XML files into one with XSLT,
it is possible on the command line with a parser like Saxon, but I couldn't
find ways to do it programatically at least with XSLT 1.0 which is supported by
the most recent version of Xalan which is used by JSTL. But you can check with
a XSLT mailing list if you want to take that approach.

Another approach would be to generate a merged XML file instead of two separate
XML files.

-Rashmi