Hello Henri,

Yes, that would solve my immediate problem. It is a bit of a one-off hack, though. The follow-through would be to take a look at all the classes and identify areas where "hooks" like that would be desirable.

It is perhaps a difference in philosophies of programming, but my preference is generally to use protected methods instead of private methods (and avoid final methods at all costs), and that would be my preferred approach here (I don't know your direct involvement thusfar into how things are). However, consistency is also good to see in a project, and it's not my show, so I'm less inclined to prosthelytize on how to "do it right". I'd be glad to go on at length as to why I think the protected methods approach would be best, but will only do so upon request.

Stuart

Henri Yandell wrote:
I didn't explain myself well.

Basically I would insert reconfigureFormatter(NumberFormat/DateFormat)
inside doEndTag. By default it would nothing.