Hi all,

I am trying to migrate a Perforce repository from my Windows XP laptop
to the company Subversion repository on a FreeBSD server and have run a
few preparatory Tailor unit tests:

+ python tailor test -v
   --> Test we detect early when running under Python < 2.4 ...
   --> either takes ages or just hangs
+ python tailor test --list
   --> ...
+ python tailor test Configuration
   --> Test how the config parser loads the badchar mapping ...
   --> again either takes ages or just hangs
+ python tailor test Statefile
   --> .Exception exceptions.WindowsError:
       (32, 'The process cannot access the file because it is being used
by another process',
            'c:\\temp\\user\\stefan~1.sch\\temp\\tailorzg6yjmsf')
       in <bound method ReopenableNamedTemporaryFile.__del__
       of <vcpx.shwrap.ReopenableNamedTemporaryFile instance at
0x00C29F58>> ignored
   + same problem after deleting the temp files
+ python tailor test -v Svn
   --> Try to migrate a darcs patch that renames and removes the same
file ...
   --> again either takes ages or just hangs
+ python tailor test SystemCommand
   --> all tests fail:
      + OSError: 'false' does not exist!
      + OSError: 'true' does not exist!
      + OSError: 'echo' does not exist!
      + OSError: 'darcs' does not exist!
      + OSError: [Errno 2] Working directory does not exist: '/tmp'

Can I conclude from this that Tailor has never been run under Windows ?
Is there any chance I manage to get done what I am trying to do under
Windows ?

I haven't quite gotten my head around configuring Tailor.
Has someone achieved a P4 --> SVN migration before and would be willing
to share their experiences / configuration files ?

Thanks you very much.

Regards from Auckland, NZ,

CU Stefan

CAUTION: This e-mail and any attachment(s) contains information that is both
confidential and possibly legally privileged.  No reader may make any use of
its content unless that use is approved by Prolificx separately in writing. Any
opinion, advice or information contained in this e-mail and any attachment(s)
is to be treated as interim and provisional only and for the strictly limited
purpose of the recipient as communicated to us. Neither the recipient nor any
other person should act upon it without our separate written authorisation of
reliance.